The Franz Welz glassworks was founded in Bohemia in 1728, and was in production until around the 1930's. The factory was also known as Antonienhütte. Franz Welz glass is most noted for a wide range of colourful artistic glassware produced during the 1920's & 1930's. Output at this time included spatter glass + tango glass, and was similar in style to Kralik glass. Welz glass sometimes bears labels with the words “Royal Art Glass", "Franz Welz Klostergrab", or the initials "F.W.K.".