Frederick Stuart took over the lease on the Red House Glassworks from Philip Pargeter in 1881, and formed Stuart & Sons in 1885. In 1911 the company was renamed to Stuart & Sons Ltd. Production was moved to the White House Glassworks in 1936. A new branch was opened in 1965, in Aberbargoed, Wales. In 1980, Stuart & Sons took over the Strathearn factory in Scotland, and formed Stuart Strathearn. Waterford Wedgwood took over the company in 1995.
Sources: 20th Century Factory Glass by Lesley Jackson.