Bimini Glass was founded in Austria in 1923, by Fritz Lampl. The company produced lampwork glass sculptures of figures, animals and vases, as well as sets of drinking glasses with matching decanters. Designs were created by Fritz Lampl himself, and his brother in law Joseph Berger. In the late 1930's, Fritz Lampl was forced to leave Austria due to the rise of Nazism. He fled to London, England, where he set up a new glass company under the name Orplid glass.
Several factories in the town of Lauscha, in the Thueringen region of Germany, are known to have made lampworked glass very similar in style to Bimini. Without the presence of labels, which is usually the case with these small, delicate items, identification can be very difficult.