The Venini glass works was started in 1921 by Paolo Venini, Giacomo Cappellin, and Andrea Rioda. The company was named Vetri Soffiati Muranesi Venini Cappellin & C in 1924, and the painter Vittorio Zecchin became artistic director. Cappellin left in 1925 to create his own company, and Venini created a new company called Vetri Soffiati Muranesi Venini & C, with Napoleone Martinuzzi as artistic director until he left in 1932. Designer Carlo Scarpa joined in 1932, and became artistic director in 1933. Other designers who worked for Venini include Fulvio Bianconi, Riccardo Licata, and Tobia Scarpa.
Sources: 20th Century Factory Glass by Lesley Jackson.