Nuutajarvi Notsjo was established in 1793, in Urjala, Finland, by Jacob Wilhelm de Pont and Harald Furnhjelm, originally making window glass + bottles. the company changed hands several times until it was bought by the Wartsila Group in 1950. Kaj Franck was made art director, a position he held until 1976. Other designers at Nuutajarvi include Oiva Toikka, Heikki Orvola, Saara Hopea, and Runnar Engblom. Nuutajarvi merged with Iittala in 1988, and Nuutajarvi glass is currently marketed under the Iittala name.
Sources: 20th Century Factory Glass by Lesley Jackson.