Hadeland Glassverk was founded in 1762, in Jevnaker, Norway, and began producing glass bottles, jars, and household glassware in 1765. During the 1800's, production moved to wine glasses, bowls and vases, in styles popular in other European countries. Hadeland began to create their own designs in the 1920's, with Sverre Pettersen as art director and designer from 1928 - 1949. A sculptor, Ståle Kyllingstad, joined in 1937. At this time, the master glassblower Johan Wilhelm Johansson. His son Willy Johansson became a designer at Hadeland in 1947 and soon became head of design, having previously been an apprentice at the company since 1936. Other designers at Hadeland included Herman Bongard, Severin Brørby, Arne Jon Jutrem, and Benny Motzfeldt. Hadeland glass is still in production to this day.
Sources: 20th Century Factory Glass by Lesley Jackson.