Borske Sklo, originally named Borske Sklarny National Corporation, was founded in 1948, in the Novy Bor region of the Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia at the time), and incorporated all the glassworks in the area. In 1953 the company merged with Borocrystal and Umelecke Sklo to form Borske Sklo National Corporation. Also during the 1950's, several other glassworks became part of Borske Sklo, including Moser (Karlovske Sklo), Egermann, Exbor, Chribska, and Mstisov. Glass designers who worked at Borske Sklo over the years include Stanislav Libensky, Erika Hellerova, Vaclav Cigler, Pavel Hlava, Rene Roubicek, Ladislav Oliva, Karel Wunsch, Miluse Roubickova, and Adolf Matura. Borske Sklo was replaced by a new National Corporation, Crystalex, in 1974.
Sources: 20th Century Factory Glass by Lesley Jackson.