The Harrachov glassworks gets its name from Alois Raimund von Harrach, whose estate it was founded on in Bohemia, 1630. It was purchased by Elias Muller in 1712. The factory was then called Neuwelter Hutte, and in 1764 was renamed Graflich Harrach'sche Glasfabrik. From the beginning of the 19th century, the glassworks was managed by Johann Pohl. Production included engraved glass, cut glass, enamelled and cameo glass. Bohdan Kadlec ran the company in 1884 - 1900, followed by Jan Mallin until 1913, during which time, Harrachov produced Art Nouveau glassware. Harrachov was nationalised in 1948 and became part of Železnobrodské Sklo (ZBS), later it was moved to the Borske Sklo company in 1958, then became part of Crystalex in 1974. Designers at the factory during the 1950's - 1970's included Frantisek Koudelka, Milan Metelak, Milena Veliskova, and Maria Stahlikova. The Harrachov glassworks was privatised in 1993, and is still in production today, now known as Sklarna Novosad & Syn Bohemia Harrachov.
Sources: 20th Century Factory Glass by Lesley Jackson.